Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Qawwali-B

Ba har soo jalwa-e-dildaar deedam
Ba har cheez jamal-e-yaar deedam

In every way the splendor of Beloved do I see
In every thing the beauty of my Love do I see

Na deedam haich shaira khaali az ve
Pur az ve kooncha-o-bazaar deedam

I don’t see anything without It
But I see Love in every corner and bazaar

Jo khud ra bingaram deedam hamuna ast
Jamal-e-khud jamal-e-yaar deedum

My own-ness does not belong to me
My beauty is Beloved's beauty do I see

Namaz-e-zahidaan mehrab o minbar
Naaz-e-ashiqaan bar daar e deedum

Namaz of the pious is on mehraab and minbar
Namaz of the Lovers on the stake do I see


Jo yak jura raseed az ghaib Hāfez
Hama aqal-o-khird bekaar deedam

So suddenly your righteousness is gone Hāfez
Now reason and intellect useless do I see.

The lyrics are traditionally attributed to Hafez, 
and part of the folk tradition. Curiously, they seem
 not be listed in his divan.
(Khwaja Shamsuddiñ Mohammad Hafez Shirazi-1315-1390)

No comments:

Post a Comment